The Job Responsibilities
At Dräger, it is our passion and dedication to protect, support and save lives. Our dedication to life naturally extends to the quality of our employees’ lives. They are the essence of our company, and without them, we would not be what we are today – a world leader in medical and safety technology. We are searching for people who want to join us in building “Technology for Life”.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager provides product and technical expertise as necessary to facilitate the development of segment and product portfolio strategies. Additionally, the incumbent collaborates with the Product Portfolio Manager and Director in the day to day administration of product management. They execute administrative elements of technical product management on assigned product launches. The Marketing Manager supports both detection and protection portfolio lines with clearly defined product launch projects.
- Conduct market research and collect competitive information, develop and execute annual marketing plan to grow safety business in focused market segment and industries.
- Create local launch plans for new product launches (where we don’t have a local product manager assigned to these products). In addition to product launch duties, ensure the entire Draeger Safety product portfolio has day to day Lifecycle support.Oversee Customer Service Product Management work to ensure part price availability, Price deviation requests are implemented and, Part numbers are active in the system.
- Work closely with Communications, Sales and Marketing Managers to ensure products and product lines are being communicated in the most relevant way. Technical writing oversight in collaboration with Marketing Communications. Work with the Sales and Service teams to assess and manage the allocation of the Draeger product demo units (prior to the hand off to Demo/Rental)
- Supervise Trade Show/Show Stock product coordination (product preparation for shows, packing of products, etc.) in support of Communication and Sales Marketing organization. Represent Dräger at industry events and through relevant trade associations. This may include speaking engagements.
- Monitor pricing methodologies and discount structures and recommend changes based on market pricing. Lead process to roll out changes and pricing policies, including price positioning workshops. Train internal staff and sales team as appropriate. Maintain customer pricing tool (e-pricelist) and ensure consistency with SAP.
- Develop and issue necessary product information bulletins for new products, modifications to existing products, etc. (Connections/Alerts) in conjunction with C&SM counterpart(s). Facilitate and participate as necessary in the execution of product and application training for field sales personnel and channel partners, including creation of training materials
- Provide field sales support in pursuit of revenue development opportunities with strategic accounts. Support RFP preparations and submissions - Technical requirements, pricing, and product availability.
- Support/lead the development of product literature, whitepapers, case studies and specification sheets, webinars, sales tools, and annual price lists for assigned products in conjunction with Segment, Application, and Communication and Sales Marketing Team
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from an accredited college or university or the equivalent in education, training and experience.
- Five or more years of experience in industrial product marketing
- Five or more years of experience in safety products, including breathing apparatus, gas detection, or in a related safety or instrumentation industry
- Advanced Microsoft excel skills and SAP knowledge
- Able to succeed in a complex, matrix environment where the activities of others require influencing without authority.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Results oriented with the ability to stay focused on objectives while managing shifting priorities.
- Able to function as a member of a highly productive and collaborative team
- Bilingual fluency (English and French) is preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- The position is based in Mississauga, Ontario. Remote work would be considered.
- Incumbent is expected to attend events across the country with sales, marketing and distribution partners
- There will be some travel by air and vehicle to domestic and international locations.
- Time is also spent in meetings and sitting for long periods in front of computer terminal in a smoke-free environment
The Dräger Workplace
In North America, Draeger employs over 1,600 employees working in our major sites in the United States and Canada (in the US: Andover, MA; Telford, PA; Houston / Coppell, TX, and in Canada: Mississauga, ON), including our Sales and Service workforce employees from coast to coast.
Our Mississauga, Ontario location oversees our Medical and Safety businesses in Canada, including sales, channel distribution (Safety), installation, servicing and maintenance of world class Draeger products and services. This location also serves as the key site for essential Canadian functions, which includes Medical & Safety Sales and Service Management, Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Regulatory, Quality and Finance.
Draeger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. All candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, ancestry, colour, ethnic origin or place of origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences (for which a pardon has been granted), disability, marital or family status, or any other prohibited ground under applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Who we are
Dräger is a leading international company in the fields of medical and safety technology. Whether in clinical applications, in industry, mining or emergency services: Dräger products protect, support and save lives. That's what our more than 16,000 employees have been striving for - every day for almost 130 years.
What we offer
Additional/Voluntary Insurance; Education & Training; Health center and gym; Health Insurance; Retirement Savings; Special Assistance; Time Away; Workplace Wellness