The Job Responsibilities
At Draeger, our work is dedicated to protecting, supporting and saving lives. We are looking for a talented individual to join our patient monitoring team to help deliver new features and product enhancements that will improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medical care around the world.
Projects at Draeger range from developing new software for acquiring, archiving, and displaying new monitoring data in a desktop or mobile application to developing software for new hardware modules. The ability to work in more than one of these areas is highly valued at Draeger and the initial project is for embedded, real-time application development.
As a member of a development team, you will be contributing to the design, implementation, testing, and overall quality of our patient monitoring software. In a highly collaborative environment, you will be expected to help teach what you know to other members of the team as well as learn what you don’t know from them. Experience developing embedded software for medical devices is valued, but what we value most is a skilled software engineer passionate about applying today’s best practices to delivering high-quality software to the market.
Software for Draeger’s Patient Monitoring products encompasses a wide range from low-level embedded to networking to applications to GUIs.
Required Education & technical skills:
- 8+ years of professional experience in software design, analysis, and troubleshooting in a product development environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (MS degree a plus)
- Demonstrated technical leadership in a product software development environment
- Expert in developing C/C++ software in a multiprocessing/multi-threaded environment
- Objected oriented design experience
- Enjoys software design, problem solving, and troubleshooting
- Experience developing software for medical products
- Experience working with real time embedded operating systems such as VxWorks
- Experience with one or more: TDD, BDD, DDD, Unit Test, continuous integration and delivery, Agile
- Design pattern experience
- Extensive experience with software tools (build, IDC, code coverage, static analysis, source control, detect tracking, automated test, etc.)
- Experience developing highly networked applications
- Experience with Git
The Dräger Workplace
In North America, Draeger employees over 1,400 employees working in our major sites in the United States and Canada (in the US: Andover, MA; Telford, PA; Houston / Coppell, TX, and in Canada: Mississauga, ON), including our Sales and Service workforce employees from coast to coast.
The design, development and manufacturing of Draeger’s Patient Monitoring product line takes place in our Andover, Massachusetts location.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
Who we are
Draeger is a leading international company in the fields of medical and safety technology. Whether in clinical applications, in industry, mining or emergency services: Draeger products protect, support and save lives. That's what our more than 15,000 employees have been striving for - every day for more than 130 years. Dräger - Technology for Life ®
What we offer
Additional/Voluntary Insurance; Education & Training; Health center and gym; Health Insurance; Retirement Savings; Special Assistance; Time Away; Workplace Wellness