Within the global Medical Platform Organization, you are joining a development team to develop platform-based software for medical devices and clinical systems. These complex, highly heterogeneous and distributed system of devices and systems will support our customers to save lives, improve patient outcome and streamline clinical workflows in hospitals.
You will design, implement and test the underlying communication protocol to enable system and medical device interoperability. This network-based communication stack is the foundation of our future product portfolio and is heavily reliant on open standards and industry communication protocols.
Based on the product/system requirements and in close alignment with System Engineering and Software Architecture, you will create and refine the technical specification.
You pride yourself in developing clean code and high-quality software. You believe in continuous improvement and software-craftsmanship. By employing test automation, you will assure long-term maintainability and compliance with requirements.
You enjoy working as part of a team in an international and creative environment.
As an Agile team, we rely on close customer collaboration to obtain and implement rapid feedback for our solutions.
Eagerness to grow, actively learn, and apply yourself to new challenges and to all matters of new product development.
- Work within a team of engineers and test personnel to produce high quality deliverables during the design, implementation, integration, test and support phases of product development. Specifically, with minimal supervision, shows the ability to diagnose, debug and resolve minor defects; translates designs into functional, tested software
- Engage in open communication across teams, sites, and organizational boundaries.
- Utilize the software configuration management system to correctly maintain SW files. Able to correctly build SW and install SW in a development and product environment.
- Build, integrate, deploy and test software in Windows and embedded environments.
- Support clinical engineers, quality engineers, service engineers and test personnel by executing tests, reproducing defects, documenting defect analysis in defect tracking tool.
- Take direction from senior engineering staff, seek out advice as needed; respond to coaching, analyze successes and failures in order to improve, and take on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Comply with all internal SOPs and FDA and industry regulations.