Dräger is a leading international company in the fields of medical and safety technology. Our innovative products, services and systems protect, support and save lives. People from hospitals, manufacturing, mining, fire protection and emergency services have trusted in Dräger since 1889. We have more than 13,000 employees worldwide and are present in over 190 countries around the globe. This role is UK based in Dräger’s Blyth, Northumberland site. Working on first responder and industrial breathing equipment and monitoring systems.
Purpose of Function
Drives the overall strategic and operational development of industrial design (UX) from concept to finished products within the local organization
With a strong focus on market and customer needs the role includes overall UX design responsibility with regards to all relevant systems and products within the product portfolio.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead all user experience and industrial design activities on the local site Blyth, while liaising with and taking direction from the global design department in Germany.
- Lead budget planning as well as control the industrial design budgets of all local design projects
- In-depth analysis and research of market and technology trends
- Driver of new product ideas and innovations
- Development and implementation of exceptional design solutions collaboration with the design team, product management, internal development departments and partner companies
- Manage external design agencies considering all project goals
- Ensure a world class usability based on professional usability tests with users
- Securing the compliance of the UX design process along all development projects
- Ensure the implementation of the global design strategy within Blyth
- Take a leading role in the direction of the brand in Blyth
- Continuous alignment with Product Managers and Project Managers on UX relevant topics
- All employees have a responsibility to comply with the Integrated Management System (IMS) and minimise any impact on the environment whilst carrying out their duties.