At Dräger, it is our passion and dedication to protect, support and save lives. Our dedication to life naturally extends to the quality of our employees’ lives. They are the essence of our company, and without them, we would not be what we are today – a world leader in medical and safety technology. We are searching for people who want to join us in building “Technology for Life”.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) | Instrumentation, Automation, Process Control, Gas Analyzers or Fire Detection Systems | is responsible for the growth of our instrumentation business through the identification, evaluation and development of new business opportunities. The BDM will be required to develop strong consultative relationships with key clients to include corporate influencers, engineering firms, and outside consulting groups or subject matter experts to drive specification and vendor selection. The BDM will be the champion for our new business development initiatives and work closely supporting our US field sales team in developing new business within Chemical and Industrial Market Segments such as Pharmaceuticals and Water Treatment.
Strategic Planning Develop, define & implement a simple strategy for Sales growth of FGDS products from high impact markets and target key clients.
Develop Key Relationships Identify, assess, target and actively develop relationships with influential key subject matter experts (SME) contacts at key accounts, including key technical, commercial, safety staff and any other identified business influencers to promote the interests and capabilities of FGDS.
Gaining Client Approval Pursue agreements to use FGDS products & services via technical, commercial and vendor approvals including;
- Requirements for international & regional hazardous area certifications, technical approvals (incl. trials / tests)
- Commercial approvals
- Vendor approvals
Presenting Identify, arrange, attend, and lead, as necessary those presentations (by any means/media) to key account SME to promote FGDS products.
Selling Actively introduce key account SME; primary & subordinate relationships, to relevant Sales staff for pursuit of domestic & international relationships by Sales.
Seek out and identify target client business opportunities and develop, support and track to Order closure.
Serve as the primary interface for tracking of major/strategic projects for the account and identify and communicate to Sales staff the local & national project opportunities for development to closure by Sales.
Working with Others Liaise with all global business development contacts, Dräger key account managers and oil/gas/chemical segment team to ensure cross border opportunities are maximized as well as supporting open cross border communication on all FGDS relevant business segments.
Sales Administration Effectively utilizes all tools provided such as CRM, e-mail, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software, etc. and maintains accurate, up-to-date records
- Ensures expenses are controlled and justified within budgetary guidelines.
- Manages and maintains consignment and demo equipment to ensure accurate record keeping and cost-effective utilization.
- Maintains company property & equipment (company car, etc.) in good working order
Behavioural & Communication Skills
- Behaviour reflects Dräger’s Guiding Principles.
- Maintains co-operative working relationships internally & externally
- Demonstrates the ability to tactfully handle difficult situations.
- Regularly meets deadlines for time-sensitive activities.
- Demonstrates good judgement in investigating & solving problems & seeks guidance as necessary in the performance of duties.
- Operates in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
Performs other duties as needed and assigned.