Regional Sales Mgr / Gas Detection Sys / Remote in Territory Houston & TX Gulf Coast
- Location: Houston TX
- Subject area: Sales
- Entry level: Management
- Working hours: Full time
The Job Responsibilities
At Dräger, it is our passion and dedication to protect, support and save lives. Our dedication to life naturally extends to the quality of our employees’ lives. They are the essence of our company, and without them, we would not be what we are today – a world leader in medical and safety technology. We are searching for people who want to join us in building “Technology for Life”.
The Regional Sales Manager - GDS is responsible for building the Draeger Fire and Gas Detection Systems business in the assigned geographic territory through new business development with identified target customers and growing the installed base with existing customers including service contracts. The RSM is also responsible for identifying, managing and driving manufacturer’s representatives as necessary within the territory.
- Identifies potential target end-users within the target segments & prioritizes accounts and opportunities to produce the best sales and profitability results.
- Focuses time and resources on sales into the key oil, gas and petrochemical segments, while also covering sales in to application driven markets, through direct sales efforts and managing manufacturer representative activity.
- Maintains a high awareness of fire and gas systems market trends and the competition, their strengths, weaknesses, sales and marketing methods & shares this information with internal stakeholders.
- Develops an annual sales plan and applies time & territory management techniques to maximize productivity & plans sales activities 30 -60-90 days in advance.
*Gas/Oil Systems Experience Required*
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science discipline from an accredited university.
Related Experience: Required: 4 years’ experience selling process control solutions / analysers or instrumentation
Special Competencies or Certifications:
- Certified or Professional Engineer status
- Member of recognized professional body for control / instrumentation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM systems
- Must be able to perform routine arithmetic calculations and have a complete understanding of pricing structures and gross margin
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing well enough to articulate company and product information to customer
- Operate computer, office equipment
The Dräger Workplace
In North America, Draeger employees over 1,400 employees working in our major sites in the United States and Canada (in the US: Andover, MA; Telford, PA; Houston / Coppell, TX, and in Canada: Mississauga, ON), including our Sales and Service workforce employees from coast to coast.
Our field based Sales and Service workforce is located across the nation, caring for relationships with our customers in the delivery of Draeger’s exceptional portfolio of products and solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
Due to the nature of this position, qualified candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. Proof of vaccination will be required as part of the onboarding process. You may be required to carry your vaccination card when on-site at client customers.
Who we are
Draeger is a leading international company in the fields of medical and safety technology. Whether in clinical applications, in industry, mining or emergency services: Draeger products protect, support and save lives. That's what our more than 15,000 employees have been striving for - every day for more than 130 years. Dräger - Technology for Life ®
What we offer
Contributions to (occupational) pension plans; Professional development opportunities and coaching; Health center and gym; Health Insurance; Retirement savings; Flexible working time; Company sports and prevention courses
Please apply directly through our career portal.
We look forward to receiving your application.