The Job Responsibilities
At Dräger, it is our passion and dedication to protect, support and save lives. Our dedication to life naturally extends to the quality of our employees’ lives. They are the essence of our company, and without them, we would not be what we are today – a world leader in medical and safety technology. We are searching for people who want to join us in building “Technology for Life”.
Will be responsible for assuring product compliance to regulatory agencies and approval authorities and obtaining certifications. Typical agencies, authorities, and certifications include, but not limited to NIOSH, NFPA, CBRN, and ABS. Other approvals may be required, product dependent.
- Experience in Approvals Engineering preferably in an Manufacturing envoriment.
- Working with approval agencies in Respiratory Protective devices such as NIOSH, MSHA, NFPA, SEI, INTERTEK ETC.
- Approvals Engineers from other backgrounds also welcome. However, the above would have an advantage.
Use strong organizational skills to handle multiple Approvals projects and keep schedules up to date. Plan and manage technical tasks. Provide accurate work estimates and schedule information to project managers. Work within the guidelines of the relevant Dräger development processes, suggesting improvements to the “approvals” portions where possible.
- Experience in Approvals Engineering preferably in an Manufacturing company.
- Working with approval agencies in Respiratory Protective devices such as NIOSH, MSHA, NFPA, SEI, INTERTEK ETC…
- Approvals Engineers from other backgrounds also welcome but the above would have an advantage.
Coordinate and prepare documentation packages for US regulatory submissions. Coordinate/facilitate the shipping of sample products to regulatory agencies as needed to support the approval process. Visit test houses and agencies as needed to support product testing. Facilitate fees for new approval activities, annual license renewals and annual registrations
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent training/experience with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Related Experience: Minimum 10 years relevant work experience in obtaining agency certifications for PPE equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of worldwide regulatory standards, requirements, directives and legislation pertaining to PPE
- Experience with standards development a plus
- Project Management experience a plus
The Dräger Workplace
Due to the nature of this position, qualified candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. Proof of vaccination will be required as part of the onboarding process. You may be required to carry your vaccination card when on-site at client customers.
In North America, Draeger employees over 1,400 employees working in our major sites in the United States and Canada (in the US: Andover, MA; Telford, PA; Houston / Coppell, TX, and in Canada: Mississauga, ON), including our Sales and Service workforce employees from coast to coast.
Our field based Sales and Service workforce is located across the nation, caring for relationships with our customers in the delivery of Draeger’s exceptional portfolio of products and solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
Who we are
Draeger is a leading international company in the fields of medical and safety technology. Whether in clinical applications, in industry, mining or emergency services: Draeger products protect, support and save lives. That's what our more than 15,000 employees have been striving for - every day for more than 130 years. Dräger - Technology for Life ®
What we offer
Additional/Voluntary Insurance; Education & Training; Health center and gym; Health Insurance; Retirement Savings; Special Assistance; Time Away; Workplace Wellness