The Job Responsibilities
The Sales Executive, Workplace Infrastructure is responsible for maximizing sales potential & achieving sales quota for Draeger Workplace Infrastructure products in an assigned territory.
- Attain sales quota in the assigned territory for both commercial and government hospital business.
- Working with and reporting to the Director, Business Development , Workplace Infrastructure to develop strategic and tactical plans to ensure development of assigned territory.
- Manage the sales cycle and drive to close, ensuring that sales quota is achieved. Implement and drive Draeger sales programs within the assigned territory.
- Develop sales through broad based sales activities that include but are not limited to the following: account qualification, construction project database leads, aligning products to customer workflow & technical requirements, product demonstration, quoting, closing. Interact with clinical/technical customer representatives, architects and equipment planners during sales process to determine needs to best position the Draeger solution.
- Maintain “ownership of the customer” through installation and in-service to the end user.
- Provide account follow up and support as required in accordance with the strategic plan for the account.
- Assist in and support higher level government and corporate account sales activity (e.g. VA/IDN level) as needed.
- Maintain all customer information as it relates to sales activity, including but not limited to: prospecting, qualification, funnel management and forecasting within designated territory.
- Work closely with all Draeger sales personnel in other modalities to provide the total Draeger solution Maintain communication with the appropriate Customer Service, Service, Sales and Marketing personnel to share competitive information, account information, market conditions, and customer issues and to coordinate Draeger Medical resources to the customer.
- Interface with other departments as needed to insure customer satisfaction and timely follow-up to customer issues.
- Maintain expenses, travel requirements and pricing within company guidelines and policy.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
BS/BA degree in business or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 to 7 years of healthcare capital equipment sales required or marketing experience, preferably architectural products (and ceiling service units) within critical care or operating room market segments or critical care hospital areas.
- Strong ability to teach and communicate complex concepts.
- Experience in a strategic and complex selling environment preferred.
Special Competencies or Certifications:
- Strong problem solving, analytical and relationship building skills. Consultative selling skills (ability to understand customer needs and translate into a business solution by clearly detailing clinical and business benefits).
- Strong computer skills-MS Office, Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook, DMI quote system software, DMI CRM software, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Capability to work within a matrix sales organization and drive accountability to meet assigned targets.
The Dräger Workplace
In North America, Draeger employees over 1,400 employees working in our major sites in the United States and Canada (in the US: Andover, MA; Telford, PA; Houston / Coppell, TX, and in Canada: Mississauga, ON), including our Sales and Service workforce employees from coast to coast.
Our field based Sales and Service workforce is located across the nation, caring for relationships with our customers in the delivery of Draeger’s exceptional portfolio of products and solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
Who we are
Draeger is a leading international company in the fields of medical and safety technology. Whether in clinical applications, in industry, mining or emergency services: Draeger products protect, support and save lives. That's what our more than 15,000 employees have been striving for - every day for more than 130 years. Dräger - Technology for Life ®
What we offer
Additional/Voluntary Insurance; Education & Training; Health center and gym; Health Insurance; Retirement Savings; Special Assistance; Time Away; Workplace Wellness