The Job Responsibilities
- Hands-on management of technical team members, including technical leads, who are responsible for architecting, designing, developing and testing the software used in various products.
- Support software development life cycle from product definition through release.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and apply performance-based rewards consistent with company policy.
- Works to create a collaborative engineering environment with engineering teams and cross functional teams in other Draeger Medical locations world-wide.
- Contribute to, promote, define, and help establish through mentoring iterative software development processes and practices.
- Motivate individual technical contributors, including career management support to team through coaching and training.
- Contributes to (and in cases, manages) the architecture and design of a software program. Helps (and in cases, manages) resolution of software related issues on assigned program.
- Be accountable for and share responsibility with peer managers on the overall success of software developed products as assigned by the director of software.
- Motivate individual technical contributors through coaching, technical mentoring and training.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a software technical discipline; Masters a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience technically managing (as a team lead) software development teams in a global organization.
- Experience with iterative software development methodologies
- A proven track record leading development teams
- Solid management and interpersonal skills - internal and customer facing
- Some project management skills
- Limited conflict management
- Leading a team through change
The Dräger Workplace
In North America, Draeger employees over 1,400 employees working in our major sites in the United States and Canada (in the US: Andover, MA; Telford, PA; Houston / Coppell, TX, and in Canada: Mississauga, ON), including our Sales and Service workforce employees from coast to coast.
The design, development and manufacturing of Draeger’s Patient Monitoring product line takes place in our Andover, Massachusetts location.
Due to the nature of this position, qualified candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. Proof of vaccination will be required as part of the onboarding process. You may be required to carry your vaccination card when on-site at client customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
Who we are
Draeger is a leading international company in the fields of medical and safety technology. Whether in clinical applications, in industry, mining or emergency services: Draeger products protect, support and save lives. That's what our more than 15,000 employees have been striving for - every day for more than 130 years. Dräger - Technology for Life ®
What we offer
Additional/Voluntary Insurance; Education & Training; Health center and gym; Health Insurance; Retirement Savings; Special Assistance; Time Away; Workplace Wellness