The Job Responsibilities
At Dräger, it is our passion and dedication to protect, support and save lives. Our dedication to life naturally extends to the quality of our employees’ lives. They are the essence of our company, and without them, we would not be what we are today – a world leader in medical and safety technology. We are searching for people who want to join us in building “Technology for Life”.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for the growth of our Fire & Gas Detection Systems business through the identification, evaluation and development of new business opportunities within the Oil, Gas and Chemical industries. The BDM will be required to develop strong consultative relationships with key clients to include corporate influencers, engineering firms, and outside consulting groups or subject matter experts to drive system specification and vendor selection for large project pursuits.
- Develop, define & implement a clear strategy for our Fire & Gas Detection Systems within the Oil, Gas, and Chemical industries.Identify, track, and pursue complex project pursuits in the “pre-feed” and “feed” stages of a projects life cycle in order to ensure Draeger is in the best possible position to secure the business
Develop Key Relationships
- Identify, assess, target and actively develop relationships with influential key subject matter experts (SME) and decision makers at the corporate level and within engineering firms such as Bechtel, Worley, McDermott and KBR
- Identify, arrange, attend, and lead, as necessary presentations to key account Subject Matter Experts (Fire Protection, Instrumentation/Automation, and Process Safety)
- Respond to technical inquires and develop strong proposals in response to customer requests
- Coordinate with Sales to ensure awareness of major/strategic projects, opportunities and/or changes in customer specifications in order to maximize chances of opportunity conversion.
- Minimum 5+ years of Application Sales, Engineering, Product Managment or Business Development experience in selling or client facing involvement with instrumentation, automation, process control, gas analyzers or fire detection systems.
- A strong drive to succeed and a natural hunter of new business, this position has high visibility within the organization and provides an opportunity for career progression in the market leader for safety instrumentation.
Education: Must have a Technical Degree in Science, Engineering or Technology
The Dräger Workplace
Due to the nature of this position, qualified candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. Proof of vaccination will be required as part of the onboarding process. You may be required to carry your vaccination card when on-site at client customers.
In North America, Draeger employees over 1,400 employees working in our major sites in the United States and Canada (in the US: Andover, MA; Telford, PA; Houston / Coppell, TX, and in Canada: Mississauga, ON), including our Sales and Service workforce employees from coast to coast.
Employees at our Houston, Texas facility are responsible designing comprehensive customer solutions leveraging our Safety portfolio which includes essential lifesaving products including portable gas detection, Draeger Tubes and SCBAs.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
Who we are
Draeger is a leading international company in the fields of medical and safety technology. Whether in clinical applications, in industry, mining or emergency services: Draeger products protect, support and save lives. That's what our more than 15,000 employees have been striving for - every day for more than 130 years. Dräger - Technology for Life ®
What we offer
Additional/Voluntary Insurance; Education & Training; Health center and gym; Health Insurance; Retirement Savings; Special Assistance; Time Away; Workplace Wellness