The Job Responsibilities
- The Staff Test Engineer is responsible for evaluation, development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of manufacturing test systems/tools/equipment, including design documentation. Key responsibilities also include supporting development of new test strategies and technologies, and interfacing with diverse groups within Draeger and with external suppliers. This hands-on position acts as a key resource around manufacturing test related issues.
- Evaluate, develop, implement, maintain and improve manufacturing test systems, tools, & equipment, including custom test hardware and software, and all related design/process documentation.
- Write and execute verification & validation protocols for test equipment per FDA requirements.
- Influence and partner with R&D to define DFT requirements and testability modes that positively impact manufacturing test.
- Act as the technical contact on large projects, and interact with senior external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination and partnership development.
- Support New Product Introduction concerning test concepts and test development; estimate work effort and develop project plans.
- Lead investigations into test failures and special projects, perform low-yield analysis and implement solutions for improving test methods.
- Support development of new work processes, automated tools and test capabilities in manufacturing for improving quality & efficiency.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities; develop and implement solutions.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field; master’s degree strongly preferred.
- 5-10 years of test development experience in Manufacturing and/or R&D environments preferred, including 5+ years of mixed-signal experience
- 5+ years of National Instruments LabView/ Test Stand programming experience required
- Some programming experience/background in C / C++ / Visual Basic preferred
- 5+ years of experience in the Medical Device or other regulated industry strongly preferred
- Proven background in automated test system development for manufacturing; experience in coordinating with external test system development partners desired
- Knowledge of FDA regulations, QSR, ISO standards and related regulations
- Strong technical skills and commensurate leadership in test engineering; familiar with standard concepts, good practices, and procedures in test engineering
- Knowledge of modern product development & project engineering principles, methods & practices; strong overview of operations (quality, manufacturing, development, regulatory)
- Proficiency with Minitab or other statistical software preferred
- MS Office proficiency required, MS Access & MS Project preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to management and peers; excellent interpersonal and administrative skills
- Stays current with new and emerging technologies and trends; learns and utilizes new knowledge quickly and effectively
- Performs a variety of tasks, and works independently, without appreciable direction
The Dräger Workplace
At Dräger, it is our passion and dedication to protect, support and save lives. Our dedication to life naturally extends to the quality of our employees’ lives. They are the essence of our company, and without them, we would not be what we are today – a world leader in medical and safety technology. We are searching for people who want to join us in building “Technology for Life”.
In North America, Draeger employees over 1,400 employees working in our major sites in the United States and Canada (in the US: Andover, MA; Telford, PA; Houston, TX and in Canada: Mississauga, ON), including our Sales and Service workforce employees from coast to coast.
Due to the nature of this position, qualified candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. Proof of vaccination will be required as part of the onboarding process. You may be required to carry your vaccination card when on-site at client customers.
The design, development and manufacturing of Draeger’s Patient Monitoring product line takes place in our Andover, Massachusetts location.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
Who we are
Draeger is a leading international company in the fields of medical and safety technology. Whether in clinical applications, in industry, mining or emergency services: Draeger products protect, support and save lives. That's what our more than 15,000 employees have been striving for - every day for more than 130 years. Dräger - Technology for Life ®
What we offer
Additional/Voluntary Insurance; Education & Training; Health center and gym; Health Insurance; Retirement Savings; Special Assistance; Time Away; Workplace Wellness