The Job Responsibilities
The Sales Executive is responsible for all sales activities and assigned order quota relating to the sale of Perioperative Solutions within the defined sales territory. The Sales Executive is also the primary relationship owner and interface between Draeger and this designated customer.
For assigned product line, develop an in-depth understanding of the following:
- All product functions and implications on patient care, work efficiencies and financial
- All related systems and services
- Competitors product offerings
- All related customer needs and product value
- Develop sales through broad based activities that include but are not limited to the following: account qualification, aligning products to customer workflow & technical requirements, product demonstration, quoting, closing. Interact with clinical/technical customer service representatives during sales process to determine the needs to best position the Draeger solution.
- Manage the sales cycle and drive to close, ensuring that sales quota is achieved in all assigned categories.
- Provide account follow up and support as required in accordance with the strategic plan for the account. Interface with other departments as needed to ensure customer satisfaction and timely follow-up to customer issues.
- With direction and oversight from the Area Sales Director, implement and drive Draeger sales programs in the assigned territory.
- Maintain communication with the appropriate Customer Service, Service, Sales and Marketing personnel to share competitive information, account information, market conditions, customer issues and to coordinate Draeger Medical resources to the customer.
- Work with Area Sales Director to develop strategic and tactical plans to ensure attainment of sales target within the assigned territory both short and long term.
- Maintain all customer information as it relates to sales activity, including but not limited to: prospecting, qualification, funnel management and forecasting within a designated territory.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned to include maintaining expenses, travel requirements and pricing within company guidelines and policy.
- BS/BA degree in business or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience; MBA a plus
Special Competencies or Certifications:
- Three years of sales experience in a related field; Respiratory clinical sales or applications experience with perioperative solutions a plus.
- Experience in a strategic and complex selling environment preferred.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and relationship building skills. Consultative selling skills (ability to understand customer needs and translate into a business solution by clearly detailing clinical and business benefits).
- Strong computer skills-MS Office, Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook, DMI quote system software, DMI CRM software, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Capability to work within a matrix sales organization and drive accountability to meet assigned targets.
The Dräger Workplace
In the US, Draeger employees over 1,200 employees working in our major sites (Andover, MA; Telford, PA; Houston and Coppell Texas), including over 450 Sales and Service employees from coast to coast.
Our field based Sales and Service workforce is located across the nation, caring for relationships with our customers in the delivery of Draeger’s exceptional portfolio of products and solutions.
Due to the nature of this position, qualified candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. Proof of vaccination will be required as part of the onboarding process. You may be required to carry your vaccination card when on-site at client customers.
Who we are
As an international medical and safety technology company with more than 13,000 employees, we can offer you an exciting position which you can really make your own. We are a family-run company, and we place great emphasis on supporting your career, providing comprehensive benefits, and offering you a work environment that perfectly matches your lifestyle.
Draeger is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the base of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What we offer
Additional/Voluntary Insurance; Education & Training; Health center and gym; Health Insurance; Retirement Savings; Special Assistance; Time Away; Workplace Wellness