Senior Commodity Mgr
- Location: Andover MA
- Subject area: R&D
- Entry level: Management
- Working hours: Full time
The Job Responsibilities
We’re hiring! If you want your contributions to make a real difference, check out this new career opportunity with us at Draeger where we are led by the guiding principle “Technology for Life".
In this role you will be responsible for developing and implementing regional commodity strategies and KPI's in alignment with the requirements within the Draeger Patient Monitoring Business Unit, Purchasing Objectives and or Global Commodity Strategy to ensure cost effective supply of a commodity category or group of commodities. Within the context of the supply, the Senior Regional Commodity Manager will work to drive the following objectives:
- Optimize costs while meeting Engineering and Product Management specifications/requirements (both current product and new product)
- Elaborates long term sourcing strategy (3-5 year) vision related to commodities and drives for implementation
- Ensure consistent supply to Draeger operations
- Demonstrates an understanding purchasing initiatives impact to the business
- Identifies problems/risks within the supply chain and implements corrective actions
- This position will interact with numerous functions within the organization.
- Successfully contracting suppliers to provide Draeger with cost-optimized commodities, drives price negotiations for assigned suppliers including escalation management
- Develop Commodity Strategy: Implementing a Commodity Management strategy (increased focus on NPI relative to past performance) including the development of long term sourcing strategy (3-5 year) vision related to commodities, landed cost modeling, supplier opportunity assessments, supplier financial analysis, make/buy analyses, negotiations and long-term contract establishment including product development, flexibility, logistics and quality agreements and drives for implementation.
- Develops a solid working knowledge of certain commodity trends including: industry trends, cost drivers, global pricing, material lead times, and technical/manufacturing processes
- Local and or Global coordination with all Business Unit buyers assigned within the material group in support of regional/global commodity strategy, purchasing initiatives/activities. Acts as a knowledge resource to apply advanced complex supply chain techniques with limited supervision.
- Leads project teams
- Use of the Strategic Sourcing process when appropriate to test pricing in the supply market and establish best cost contracts (Total cost of ownership)
- Establish Supplier Development processes including the coordination and support on-site supplier assessment / certification audits and continuous improvement activities that drive down total cost. Proactively identifies problems and or risk in supply chain, communicates these issues early to help correct
- Conducting, documenting and follow-up of business reviews, risk management and supplier evaluations including action plans
- Coordination and oversee of technical cost change funnel for Product COGS improvement measures in coordination with Purchasing and Planning. Utilizing external and internal guidance, purchasing initiatives and or commodity strategies to propose design changes for Technical Cost Reductions or supplier transfers.
- Investigate and recommend new and/or alternate sources of supply as necessary to support new product development, cost reduction requirements, and/or supplier performance issues
- Lead supplier selection in cooperation with cross functional teams in development projects & in the serial business as well as support the integration of new suppliers into development projects
- Responsible for the preparation and execution of the Patient Monitoring BU local commodity MMB. Assist in the preparation for global Patient Monitoring BU commodity MMB.
- Development and control of the commodity key figures, in particular price development for responsible commodities/suppliers as well as the initiation of performance improvement activities
- Systems update and data integrity to support material group and supplier strategy (e.g., SAP, Softcon, SupplyBench, etc.)
- Ensuring quality components are provided to Draeger, directly by coordinating supplier collaboration w. C&D or indirectly by supporting Supplier Quality initiatives
- Supports Operational Purchasing to identify and implement supplier logistics programs to achieve inventory targets/goal identified by Planning.
- Assists in development and or negotiation of solution internal and external
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned
BS Degree or the equivalent in education, training and experience required.
- 5-10 years of related experience (Purchasing, sourcing, contract/ price negotiation)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications
- Effectively operate in a global environment
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- General understanding of supply chain concepts and application
*Some travel may be required
The Dräger Workplace
This role is based out of our beautiful Andover, MA facility which offers many benefits including an onsite fitness center with yoga and fitness training classes, onsite game rooms, full-service café, free parking and more. Andover supports the design and assembly of our patient monitoring products.
Dräger is responsible for life. The lives of our employees are especially important to us, therefore, Dräger believes in fostering a culture that places the focus on employee health & wellbeing, both in the office and at home. We offer a generous benefits package that includes, comprehensive medical, dental & vision coverage, paid time off starting at 4+ weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, 401k match, wellness and employee support programs, life insurance and more.
In North America, Draeger employees over 1,400 employees working in our major sites in the United States and Canada (in the US: Andover, MA; Telford, PA; Houston, TX and in Canada: Mississauga, ON), including our Sales and Service workforce employees from coast to coast.
EEO is the Law
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
Who we are
Draeger is a leading international company in the fields of medical and safety technology. Whether in clinical applications, in industry, mining or emergency services: Draeger products protect, support and save lives. That's what our more than 15,000 employees have been striving for - every day for more than 130 years. Dräger - Technology for Life ®
What we offer
Contributions to (occupational) pension plans; Professional development opportunities and coaching; Health center and gym; Health Insurance; Retirement savings; Flexible working time; Company sports and prevention courses
Please apply directly through our career portal.
We look forward to receiving your application.